Narrative description of the Project
SAPPROS has been implementing the Poverty Alleviation Programme in Bajhang, Bajura & Mugu district as one of the partner organizations of PAF. SAPPROS Nepal’s activities in these districts are focused on income generation and productive community infrastructure development sub-projects, through community organizations. Project components include agriculture, livestock, horticulture, community infrastructure such as irrigation, micro hydro, and trail roads.
Objective of the programme
The principal objective of the programme is to assist large numbers of poor and vulnerable households to sustainably escape chronic poverty.
- Improve the quality of life of poor households using multiple interventions in an integrated way.
- Provide safe food using organic vegetable production technology at the farm level.
- Increase access of poor communities to infrastructures, which improves their livelihoods.
- Increase farm income using organic production technology and productive infrastructure.
- Build strong linkage mechanisms to garner support from various organizations to reduce poverty.
- Improve access to markets and build local capacity.
- Empower the poor towards self-help development, especially the women and vulnerable groups.
- Strengthen institutional capacities of the community organizations (COs) to undertake and sustain poverty alleviation efforts.
During this period, a total of 379 community organizations formed and registered in PAF. A total of 437 demand driven income-generating activities and 488 different types of productive community infrastructure demanded and completed. 12,101 community members consisting 3567dalit members are involved and doing income generating activities to uplift the socio-economic status.